Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Waxy buildup

Here's some things I've been noticing that I keep forgetting to say:

a) Here (being Copenhagen, Vienna, and Budapest) male dogs get to keep their balls. Dogs in Copenhagen are also MUCH better behaved than their counterparts, um, anywhere.

b) Toilets. Saw my first bidet in Dublin - it looked like a birdbath and I think washing your hoo-ha would be really awkward and uncomfortable (oh yeah, I went to Dublin. More on that later)

c) Toilets. Budapest and Vienna toilets are BACKWARDS. In a toilet in America, the UK, or Copenhagen, the bowl tapers down into a dark hole located towards the lowe rear of the unit. In Vienna and Budapest, all the toilets I used (all four of them :p) had a SHELF in the rear and a drop off to Hell in the front of the bowl. Seems sort of poorly conceived if you think about it.

d) Little kids being some of the cutest things in the world, Danish little kids are ADORABLE because they remind me of little blonde ducklings. Also, since I can't understand a word they're saying, I get to dub over their conversations in my head.

e) I have heard ONE baby fuss the entire time I've been in Denmark. One. And it made noise for all of ten seconds. Dr. Spock should've studied over here!

f) the term 'sandwich' is pretty subjective. It can mean a sandwich, or it can mean a full dinner piled on top of a piece of toast.

No comments: