Sunday, December 14, 2008

Classes are OVER

so I thought I'd share some quotations I've jotted down from my professors over the course of the semester:

Danish Class

"She looks like a royal" We were discussing the Danish royal family, and our teacher was boasting about how diverse the Danish one is (the reigning queen and both of her children have all married outKingdom), which makes them much more beautiful than other royal lines who kept marrying within the family. "Looking royal" was used as a euphemism for "looking inbred"

Gender, Body, and Sexuality

"I feel like I am slowly killing you" Professor was trying to get us to talk about readings nobody did.

Nordic Mythology

"The richer you were the less probably it was that you were a slave"
"I am particularly pleased with stuff"
"The goddess of death is called Hel, and she is a woman. (pause) That was a stupid sentence"
"Generally, babies died. You're so used to not dying you probably don't think of it"
"Women have this tendency - and we all know this - to steal"
"I have no knowledge of horses except that they taste good"
"and he realized that his opponent must have a spell on him - a kind of World of Warcraft protection type thing - (pause and giggle) sorry, but where do you think they got the idea?!"
"And, uh, she's a bit of a whining bitch 'cause, um, she will only marry a chieftain"
"fierce looking, troll like man...this is no complement"

"something I like to think about it: If the gods were alive today, what would they do for a living" This was followed by a 20 minute conversation about Thor owning a fitness empire.

Hans Christian Andersen and the Danish Golden Age

"If he [HCA] knew of the Freudian approaches, he would probably, um, rotate in his tomb" Prof in reference to how people read a lot of sex and death into HCA's stories

(referring to course evaluations) "I won't see it for quite a while, so it's not like I will be able to take revenge...I think"

"I know! ____, I think you said something about the bourgoisie...well, maybe I dreamt it"

I love my professors.

No comments: