Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pictures from London

Demon Barber, check.

This is soo much better than "Pardon our dust. We are self improving for your future enjoyment."

Muffin man, double check.

Fucking awesome.

These cranes are all over the city, and make me think of giant robot claws reaching up through the earth to devour the unsuspecting citizenry...or to claw its way out of imprisonment. Help! Captain Planet!

The hands of famous people:









YESSSSSS!

Um PLEASE let this be intentional.

SHINY HATS!

I don't quite know how to feel...

I think this is pretty.

The Royal Court of Justice. This is only the front door. Yikes!

Mother of pearl! It happened when I was out looking for dinner! It was enchanting AND infuriating.

Sign in the kitchen at my hostel. I couldn't get over it. There may be one in my apartment when I get home.

The original Twinings tea shop!!! Since 1706!

I really want this to be a Banksy. Which is probably isn't. And also probably negates the whole point of his work? Also shows my total ignorance of art.

UPDATE is Banksy WIN.

Freaky exhibit at the Tate Modern.

I saw this man on my first day in London. PLEASE take at least 10 minutes to zoom in and deconstruct his outfit. It's worth it, I swear.

No comments: